Dennis Scott, Chair - Cultural Integrator
- 7th Generation Black Canadian
- Descendent of Slaves - Kentucky, North & South Carolina, New York State
- Multicultural - Canadian, British, French, American, Native American, Jamaican, Costa Rican
- Business Owner, Scott & Associates Consulting
- Cultural Integrator, Proponent on Integration/Inclusion & Collaboration
- Former Executive Director/Board Member, Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce
- Former Board Member: Hamilton Media Advisory Committee
- Former 11 year Chair, Emancipation Celebration Festival, Owen Sound
- Former Board Member: John Holland Awards, Hamilton
- 11 Year Chair, Grey County Black History Education Conference
- Co-Founder Chair, International Emancipation Children’s Fund
- Chair, Halton Black History Awareness Society (2015)
- 2012 Recipient of the John Holland Community Service Award
- 2011 Recipient of the Ontario Heritage Trust “Certificate of Achievement” Award
- 2011 Recipient of the City of Owen Sound Certificate of Community Recognition
Francesca Durham, Vice Chair - Project coordinator Music and Museum
Francesca Durham is a self-improvement and personal development Life Coach and mentor. After 20 years in corporate HR and recruitment an opportunity to expand independently presented itself. Today Francesca helps clients transition through major life crisis opening a pathway for re-discovering their potential. MUSIC and MARI expressive art workshops facilitated by Francesca are uniquely created for such self-discovery. Each workshop provides an experience to uplift and improves well-being.
Francesca’s therapeutic harp practice helps long term health care facilities provide life-enriching experiences to dementia and Alzheimer sufferers. In her practice, she also serves palliative care and hospice, those suffering from chronic pain, MS, Cancer and Strokes. She is a certified therapeutic harp practitioner and clinical musician. Francesca also enjoys mentoring students from the Harp For Healing program while balancing her day to day activities.
Francesca has self-published two books is a certified Colour Life Coach, Colortime® Image Consultant and when not blogging or writing she enjoys spoiling her 4lb Yorkie with lots of play time and nature walks.
Francesca volunteered in friendly visiting and hospice for over a decade. Today, she regularly volunteers at The Darling Home For Kids in Milton and most recent, Tansley Woods long term care facility in Burlington. To learn more about Francesca please visit:
Judy Gibson, Board Secretary - Fundraising & Event Management
Evelyn Myrie, Director - Community Relations
Evelyn is the Founder and Principal of EMpower Strategy Group, a boutique consulting firm specializing in leadership development, community capacity building and diversity management
Evelyn has held numerous leadership positions in government, business and the non-profit sector with a strong focus on helping organizations translate their mission into action. She has been an independent businesswoman, served as program director at Status of Women Canada, worked for diversity as the executive director of the Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion and founding director of Peel Newcomer Strategy Group, and founded the Rev. John C. Holland Awards to recognize Black achievement in Hamilton.
The community has recognized her accomplishments with several awards for leadership, including Woman of the Year in Public Affairs, the Phenomenal Woman award, and the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal. In 2011, Evelyn was inducted into Hamilton’s prestigious Gallery of Distinction. In 2016, Evelyn was named one of the 100 Accomplished Black Canadian Women.
Lisa Scott, Director - Corporate & Public Relations, Sponsorship
Lisa S.J. Scott – Life Coach, Corporate & Institutional Strategy Consultant, Master Trainer & Change Facilitator
- Director Public Relations/Board of Directors, Halton Black History Awareness Society
- Former Director Public Relations/Board of Directors Emancipation Festival
- Director & Co-Founder: International Emancipation Children’s Fund;
- Black History Educator: Emancipation Festival World Vision Relations Director
- Forte in Executive and Leadership Development, Employee Coaching, and Employee Relations Consulting
- Business degree and certification in the Harvard School of Business Strategic Planning Process
Cam Tu Le, Director - Treasurer
Cam Tu is a professional accounting specialist with more than ten years of experience in a magnitude of accounting functions with a specialization in management accounting.
With a passion for helping others, Cam Tu enjoys volunteering as a financial advisor for local charity organizations and was part of the CRA affiliated Community Volunteer Income Tax Return Program for many years. Cam Tu held several senior positions at a leading manufacturing company and is currently pursuing dual designations, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Payroll Management (CPM).
As a Vietnamese – Canadian citizen, Cam Tu values and respect culturally diverse societies and support the effort of maintaining and embracing each culture in every community
Melanie Southern, Director - Museums & Libraries
Moving to Halton in 2000, Melanie has been an active community member. Committed to public services, She has worked in Burlington and Milton library systems in different leadership roles with the goal of building stronger communities.
A life-long learner, Melanie also demonstrates a passion for empowering others. She was recently awarded a Diploma in Public Administration from Western University and is working towards her coaching certification through the Canadian Curling Association and Coaching Association of Canada.
Melanie currently works at Hamilton Public Library as the Director of Public Service - Partnerships & Communication.
Mason Galganov, Director - E-media
Mason started his career in printing and marketing in the early 1970's. In 1996, while the internet was still relatively new, he became partnered in Galganov & Associates, a web design firm - bringing marketing expertise to this new medium. Today, along with coding and design, Galganov & Associates provides online branding, and E-media consulting and guidance.
Mason follows many passions. In addition to the above-mentioned, he teaches cooking workshops at Mohawk College in Hamilton, and sits on the board of Hearts To Homes Feline Rescue & Sanctuary in Brantford, Ontario.
Mason is responsible for guiding the E-media team-overseeing management of the website and social media outreach channels.
Rob Green, Director
Dejehan Hamilton, Director
Please ... help fund this worthy project with a donation!